From Thursday, November 11th through Saturday, November 13th, more than 600 BNI Directors from all over the world gathered together at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Orange County, California for three days of networking and powerful motivational and educational presentations at the 2010 BNI International Directors’ Conference.
This year’s Conference was different than any previous event as it was all abuzz with celebratory excitement surrounding BNI’s 25th anniversary! Thanks to the 25th anniversary global twitter conversation, which was broadcast throughout the Conference via a live twitter feed on www.twitter.com (click here for an explanation), BNI members and Directors around the world were able to join in the celebration and get details on Conference happenings as they occurred. If you have a twitter account, log in and enter the hash tag “#bni25” in the search field to get a bird’s eye view of what went on during the entire three-day event.
The BNI Directors who attended, as well as the 250 members in attendance for the Members’ Day on Friday, left the event newly invigorated with knowledge, motivation, inspiration, and the excitement of having connected with new contacts from every populated continent across the globe. In fact, this great quote from Michael Mwai, Regional Director for Nairobi, Kenya in Africa, sums up the universal feeling experienced by most Conference attendees, “I have learned so much that I feel like a child.” It certainly was one event worth going to!
Here are some of the biggest highlights from the 2010 International Directors’ Conference:
· Networking, One-to-Ones, and Group Dance Cards—as one BNI Director put it, “These Conferences aren’t about the content . . . they’re about the connections!”
· An entertaining, inspiring, and informative Chairman’s Report by Dr. Ivan Misner
· Exciting presentations on BNI Connect and the new, powerful benefits it will bring to all BNI members and Directors worldwide upon full implementation in 2011
· A CEO Report packed full of information given by Norm Dominguez and BNI’s Executive Management Team
· Members’ Day on Friday, the 12th—a day that was bustling with activity and elated energy from the time it kicked off with an hour of open networking between the 800 attendees, to a 25th anniversary celebration of BNI presented by Dr. Misner, on through Harvey Mackay’s keynote speech, and all the way through the six dynamic motivational, educational, and inspirational break out sessions given by an array of expert presenters.
· The keynote presentation given by Harvey Mackay, entitled “Outsell, Outmanage, Outmotivate and Outnegotiate Your Competition,” which received rave reviews and a standing ovation from the entire audience.
· An overview of the BNI branding initiative by BNI’s branding team and an exciting look at BNI’s fresh, crisp, professional new brand image
· 15 compelling break out presentations given throughout the Conference on diverse subjects by several highly skilled and enterprising speakers
Thank you to all who attended this year’s 2010 International Directors’ Conference and 25th Anniversary Celebration and/or supported the event through participation in the global twitter conversation surrounding the event. You all helped to make it one of the most memorable and outstanding BNI events to date and we cannot wait to see even more BNI members and Directors come out to Long Beach, California next year for the 2011 International Conference!
BNI wishes to send out an enormous amount of thanks to the following sponsors of the 2010 International Directors’ Conference who played a huge part in making the event possible: